Friday 22 June 2012

Review : KimChi Mermaid Gold

I started this blog so that I could share what I use, what I do and things like that during cosplay, so what is better than starting off with a contact lens blog post right! Since I am having a photoshoot tomorrow for TsubasaRC as Sakura, I thought I would start off with reviewing the contact lens I am going to use tomorrow.

Alright, an image of Sakura in the illustrations I will be cosplaying her in to kickstart the post. Her eyes are usually a deep shade of green but in this illustration, it looks like a mix of yellow and green.




Now, for a picture of KimChi Mermaid Gold. (She is so cute but her eye make is WEIRD D:)


KimChi Mermaid Gold
Diameter: 16.20mm
Duration : 1 Year
Water Content : 55%
Base Curve: 8.6
Degree from 0~8.50
Prices : $13.50 - $25 Per Pair
(My degree is 5.00 and 6.00 so I have troubles with some contact lens which only go up to 5.00 TwT)

My own pictures for KimChi's lens before the review.


The difference a pair of contact lens with a larger diameter can make


(My dark circles for the world to see)

KimChi lens has a reputation for being very comfortable because of its high water content. However, this pair of contact lens is the less comfortable pair of its series because it tends to dry up very quickly. I don't usually have problems with KimChi lens and they can last me the whole day ( 12 hours ) without my eyes drying up but this pair gets my eyes uncomfortable after around 8 hours of use. I don't use eye drops because I have yet to find the need for them. The colours are very striking and thus, perfect for cosplays.

For me, I use contact lens with larger diameter for cosplays as anime characters has HUGE eyes and contact lens with a smaller diameter for everyday use so that my eyes don't look like they are popping out or that I do not have sclera and look like an alien.

Pros
Obvious Colours
Makes your eyes BIG
Can last quite long
Really pretty mix of colours

Cons
Might feel dry to the eyes.
Does not look natural without make up



I have already cosplayed Sakura during Cosfest Feb so I have pictures to show. The contact lens shows up really well in pictures so you don't have to worry about having to edit the picture again just because of your lens. 

There will be many more of reviews for contact lens because I am a contact lens freak and always buy tons of it to try out. (and thus wasting a lot of money). Can't wait for the shoot tomorrow! xD Would love comments on how I can improve on doing reviews. ORZ

No comments:

Post a Comment